The Indiana Mineral Aggregates Association represents over 90% of aggregate production in Indiana. It is our goal to provide the best educational programs, networking opportunities and collaborative working atmosphere for our membership – and we’ve been doing just that since 1934.
Educational Programs & Resources:
- Up-to-date information on local, state, and national issues affecting the aggregates industry through The Source Report – IMAA’s bi-monthly newsletter – and e-bulletin notices.
- Workshops and Seminars focusing on member needs – most IMAA educational programs are designed by members for members so you receive the most relevant educational material for your time and money.
- MSHA “New Miner” and “Refresher” training for Part 48 A & B through IMAA at a competitive rate.
Networking and Promotional Opportunities:
- The IMAA Winter Workshops and Trade Show is a members-only event with over 400 industry professionals in attendance from all different levels within member companies.
- Joint meetings and events with other industry associations such as the Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana, the Indiana Ready Mix Concrete Association, the Indiana Construction Association and the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association among others.
- A listing in the IMAA member directory – both in print and online.
- Opportunities to sponsor IMAA events, the IMAA newsletter or advertise on the IMAA website.
Collaboration on Industry Issues:
- 7 committees bring together very active and passionate industry professionals to work in the areas of Aglime promotion, Environmental issues, Safety issues, Public Information and Education, Legislative issues, Plant Operators training, and Technical issues.
- Relationships with several state agencies such as Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR), the State Fire Marshall’s office (for blasting issues), and a close working relationship with Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT).
- Open and honest communication with MSHA and the North Central District Office Director, as well as periodic meetings with the Assistant Secretary of Labor who runs MSHA.
- Legislative advocacy through the directed funds of the Public Works Council and membership in the Build Indiana Council.
IMAA members are broken down into two different groups:
- Companies that produce crushed stone, sand, gravel or slag in Indiana (Producers)
- Companies that sell goods and/or services to aggregate producers in Indiana (Associates)
IMAA Producer member dues are based on two components: man-hour assessments and plant assessments. The dues are structured to provide each member with a safety net against sudden increases. Producer members are also required to be members of the association’s Environmental Stewardship Council, which was established to provide guiding principles for environmental stewardship and reclamation.
IMAA Associate member dues are a flat rate billed annually at the beginning of the calendar year. New Associate members receive a discount for first-time membership.
If you have any questions about the Indiana Mineral Aggregates Association, our events, our programs, our committees, or anything else regarding membership – please contact us or take a few minutes to browse the website and learn more about what we do.
Are you ready to join? Fill out the Membership Application to begin the membership process.