ArticleType: Newsletter Article
ANNOUNCING THE IMAA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - IMMEP
What is IMMEP?
Over the past year, IMAA has been hard at work establishing the Indiana Mining and Mineral Education Program (IMMEP) 501 (c) (3) charitable organization. There are 5 main purposes for organizing IMMEP:
- Provide public instruction and education on topics relating to mining, minerals, aggregates, and commodities used in mining and construction industries;
- Provide educators with accurate information regarding mining and minerals;
- Provide educational scholarships for students interested in the fields of mining, excavation, exploration, engineering, production, acquisition and other fields relating to the industrial minerals industry in Indiana;
- Promote public awareness of the mining and aggregates industry; and
- Provide safety and related training to groups and individuals engaged in mining, exploration, development, engineering, and related operations.
The starting focus of IMMEP is to award scholarships in the spring of 2016 for the fall 2016 semester. Up to 4 $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to deserving applicants.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
We are still working on a website and necessary content for IMMEP, so we need the help of the IMAA Membership. IMMEP is currently accepting scholarship applications via email. The scholarship application is available for download at http://bit.ly/2016IMMEPapp, or you can send a request to the IMAA office and we will email it to you. The application deadline is April 1st, 2016. Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about IMMEP, or the scholarships, please contact the IMAA office.
IMMEP is a brand new program, and we need to get the word out—to IMAA members, to schools, and to potential applicants. If you know someone who would be interested in applying for a scholarship to pursue a career in the aggregates industry, please let them know about IMMEP.
Return to IMAA news >